Z1 Camera Trap Zoom Flash
With the release of the Z1 Camtraptions Camera Trap Zoom Flash comes an affordable and reliable speedlight flash unit, specifically designed and optimised for camera trap photography.
The Z1 Camera Trap Zoom Flash can be used with a wide range of camera brands and is also seamlessly compatible with the Camtraptions PIR Motion Sensor and Wireless Flash Triggers. Now it is easier than ever to create a complete wired or wireless camera trap system to capture high-quality and beautifully-lit images of wildlife, at any time of day or night.
Key Features of the Z1 Camera Trap Zoom Flash
- The zoomable flash head ranges from 24mm to 105mm, giving flexibility over the distance between the flash and subject, as well as opening up more artistic lighting possibilities. By zooming the head 105mm, you can place the flash further away from the subject.
- The Z1 Camera Trap Zoom Flash is always ready to fire instantly when a "shoot" signal is received. The instant firing results in better reliability and fewer photos spoiled by flashes failing to wake in time.
- The Camtraptions Z1 Camera Trap Zoom Flash does not require a separate 'wake' signal before the ‘shoot’ signal, giving it maximum compatibility with all of the main camera systems on the market. The flash works with any camera that has a standard flash hot shoe mount or PC sync flash output.
- It is possible to trigger the Z1 Camera Trap Zoom Flash with an inexpensive Hot Shoe Adapter or direct hot shoe connection, as well as with Camtraptions Wireless Triggers.
- An external power socket has been included on the side of the flash, allowing the battery life to be easily extended by plugging in any 6V power source through our Flash Power Cable.
- The Camtraptions Z1 Camera Trap Zoom Flash lasts 3 days when powered by Alkaline AA batteries, but this can be extended to over 7 days with our 5Ah Ni-MH Rechargeable Battery or over 14 days using the 10Ah Ni-MH Rechargeable Battery.
- The life of the flash can be dramatically increased, or even made unlimited, when connected to a Camtraptions Solar Panel.
- The Z1 Camera Trap Zoom Flash features a robust construction with a metal hot-shoe mount, and an intuitive user interface similar to a standard speedlight flash.
- The flash recalls the last settings when it's turned on, so you do not have to readjust the power and zoom every time you change the batteries.
- Noise has been minimised: after the flash zoom has been set, it will not buzz again during operation and the capacitor does not whine while charging. The flash features the same rotating and tilting flash head as a standard speedlight flash along with a built-in wide diffuser and a reflector panel to create catch lights in eyes.
- The Z1 Camera Trap Zoom Flash features a built-in thermal protection function which is activated if too many high-powered flashes are triggered in a short space of time. When thermal protection is active, the rate of fire is reduced.
- The Camtraptions Z1 Camera Trap Zoom Flash works with all major camera brands with a standard hot shoe or PC sync port, including models from Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus and Fuji.
- The Z1 Camera Trap Zoom Flash is compatible with the Camtraptions Wireless PIR Motion Sensor v3 and the PIR Motion Sensor v2, as well as any other third-party camera trigger.
- The flash is compatible with the Camtraptions Wireless Triggers v2, along with many other third-party wireless flash triggers.
- A wired connection between the camera and flash is also possible using 3.5mm Flash Cables and a Hot Shoe Adapter mounted on the camera.
- The flash can be powered by 4x alkaline or Ni-MH rechargeable internal AA batteries.
- Alternatively, a 6V external power source (such as the Camtraptions 5Ah and 10Ah Ni-MH rechargeable batteries) can be connected to the flash via the Camtraptions Flash Power Cable.
- The Z1 Camera Trap Zoom Flash is fully compatible with the Camtraptions Solar Panels and Solar Adapter Cables.
*High-voltage external battery packs for Canon flashes (designed to increase recycle time) sold by other companies are not compatible with the Camtraptions Camera Trap Flash.
*The flash is not directly compatible with cameras that don’t have a central 'X' contact in the hot shoe. This includes the following entry-level Canon cameras: 1500D/2000D/Rebel T7/Kiss X90, 3000D/4000D/Rebel T100 and the 250D/Rebel SL3/Kiss X10
- Flash brightness is set manually (this is not a TTL flash)
- Manual flash power from 1/1 to 1/128
- Guide number of 38
- Powered by 4x internal AA batteries
- 6V DC external power input socket
- 3.5mm flash sync trigger socket
- Integrated wide diffuser and reflector
- Multi flash strobe mode
- Built-in thermal protection function
- Dimensions: 197mm (l) x 78mm (w) x 56mm (h)
- Weight (excluding batteries): 340g