PIR Motion Sensor
Currently out of stock. New stock will be shipping in mid-September. Purchase your PIR Sensor now to ensure that you are first in line.
Taking high-quality camera trap images with your DSLR camera is now easier than ever with the Camtraptions PIR Motion Sensor. Connect the sensor to your camera and it will trigger automatically when an animal appears.
PIR Motion Sensor Features
- Simple to use and reliable. Use the sensor to monitor a wide subject area or use ‘blinkers’ to narrow the field of view for more precise control over the trigger zone.
- 6 x AA batteries provide around 2 months of standby time. This device works well with either Alkaline batteries or NiMH rechargeable batteries.
- Adjustable sensitivity helps limit false detections.
- Includes inbuilt camera controller with new modes that expand creative possibilities.
- Supports still photography and video shooting with compatible cameras.
- Triggering options include number of shots fired per event, time delay between shots, adjustable wake delay and exposure time in bulb mode.
- New luminosity sensor allows you to alter the behaviour of your camera between day and night; shoot all of the time, only at night or only during the day.
- Compatibility with Camtraptions Wireless Triggers means you can connect the sensor to your camera wirelessly (requires an extra Canon E3 type connecting cable).
- Front-facing LED indictor helps identify when the batteries need replacing and aids alignment when setting-up the sensor.
You can learn more about the new sensor by watching the videos on this page.
Camera Connecting Cables
Please select one of the following camera connecting cables:
Canon N3 Cable includes a 2-metre extension cable. This cable is compatible with the following Canon cameras: EOS 10D, EOS 1D, EOS 1D C, EOS 1D mk II, EOS 1D mk II N, EOS 1D mk III, EOS 1D mk IV, EOS 1D X, EOS 1Ds, EOS 1Ds mk II, EOS 1Ds mk III, EOS 20D, EOS 20Da, EOS 30D, EOS 40D, EOS 50D, EOS 5D, EOS 5D mk II, EOS 5D mk III, EOS 6D, EOS 7D, EOS 7D mk II
Canon E3 Cable includes a 2-metre extension cable. This cable is compatible with the following Canon cameras: Digital Rebel, EOS 1000D, EOS 100D, EOS 1100D, EOS 1200D, EOS 300D, EOS 350D, EOS 400D, EOS 450D, EOS 500D, EOS 550D, EOS 600D, EOS 60D, EOS 60Da, EOS 650D, EOS 700D, EOS 70D
Nikon DC0 Cable includes a 2-metre extension cable. This cable is compatible with the following Nikon cameras: D1, D1H, D1X, D2, D200, D2H, D2HS, D2X, D2XS, D3, D300, D300S, D3s, D3X, D4, D4s, D500, D700, D800, D800 E, D810
Nikon DC2 Cable includes a 2-metre extension cable. This cable is compatible with the following Nikon cameras: D3100, D3200, D3300, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D600, D610, D7000, D7100, D7200, D750, D90, Df
Multi Cable for Sony includes a 1-metre extension cable. This cable incorporates an integrated controller to allow video recording and still photography on Sony cameras with the Multi interface terminal. You can find out more about his cable here.
Additional 2 and 5-metre extension cables can be purchased here.
Batteries and MightyPod not included.