Flash Power Cable
The Camtraptions Flash Power Cable has been designed to safely and efficiently deliver external power to Camtraptions Camera Trap Flashes.
External battery packs are capable of delivering higher amounts of electrical current than common AA-size batteries, and the Camtraptions Flash Power Cable regulates this current to the correct level required by the Camera Trap Flash.
The Flash Power Cable also contains an automatic cut-out system, which protects your flash unit in the event that too many high-power flash bursts are triggered in a short space of time. The cut-out system only reinstates power to the flash after a suitable time period has passed, giving the flash time to cool down before automatically resuming normal functionality again. This is particularly useful in the event that a connection short-circuit or equipment malfunction leads to uncontrolled triggering of the flashes.
This cut-out system will usually only activate if a high power setting is selected on the flash and it is triggered multiple times in a short period of time. When the flash is set to a low power setting then the cut-out system is unlikely to ever interrupt the power supply to the flash.
The Flash Power Cable has the following connections:
- A female Tamiya 6V power input connector. This plug can be used to connect the Camtraptions 6V 5Ah Ni-MH Rechargeable Flash Battery or the Camtraptions 6V 10Ah Ni-MH Rechargeable Flash Battery to the flash.
- A female DC5525 6V power socket. This socket is designed to supply power to a Camtraptions Flash Receiver when used with the Wireless Trigger Voltage Regulator cable. This allows a single Camtraptions 6V battery to simultaneously provide power to both the Flash and its Wireless Receiver unit, reducing the number of different batteries you have to manage and simplifying the wireless flash system. The female DC5525 socket can also receive power from a Camtraptions Solar Panel, for charging the 6V battery during the day and creating an extremely long-life flash system. A 4-way DC Splitter Cable can be used to connect a Solar Panel and a Wireless Receiver at the same time.
- A flash power connector. This connector simply plugs into the side of the Camtraptions Camera Trap Flash, to supply the power into the flash.
- Solid ABS construction
- Flash overheating protection system
- Connections to allow simultaneous powering of the Camera Trap Flash and Wireless Receiver from a single 6V battery.
- The Flash Power Cable is compatible with the Camtraptions 6V 5Ah Ni-MH Rechargeable Flash Battery and the Camtraptions 6V 10Ah Ni-MH Rechargeable Flash Battery.
- The Flash Power Cable is compatible with the Camtraptions Solar Panels for Flashes, 4-way DC Splitters and 10m Solar Extension Cables.
- The Flash Power Cable is designed to supply power to a Camtraptions Camera Trap Flash. It is not compatible with other brands of flashes.
- The cable can also be used to supply power to a Camtraptions Wireless Receiver v2 via the Wireless Trigger Voltage Regulator cable (purchased separately).