NP-F Lighting Kit for Video Camera Traps
The NP-F Lighting Kit makes it easy to integrate standard LED video light panels into a remote or video camera trap system.
The kit consists of an NP-F battery adapter, a Camtraptions DC Power Switch and an NP-F dummy battery. When a signal is received by the DC Power Switch, the power is automatically passed from a high-capacity NP-F Battery into the LED panel, switching the light on. At the end of the video recording duration, the switch automatically disconnects the power between the battery and the LED panel, switching the light off again to conserve energy.
The system can be triggered by Camtraptions PIR Sensors, Camtraptions Wireless Triggers and many other standard camera remotes and third-party trigger systems featuring an E3-type socket. When triggered by a Camtraptions PIR Sensor in a video camera trap setup, the LED video light will automatically turn on and off in-sync with the camera’s video recording, thereby creating a power-efficient lighting system that is perfect for night-time video camera trapping.
With the v3 Wireless PIR Sensor's day versus night modes, it is even possible for the PIR sensor to automatically disable the lighting system during the day (if natural ambient lighting is preferred) and enable it again when it gets dark.
1x NP-F Battery Adapter Plate. The NP-F Adapter Plate can hold lithium NP-F type batteries (purchased separately) which are commonly available, inexpensive and available in large capacities up to around 8,800mAh.
1x Camtraptions DC Power Switch. This innovative cable with an integrated controller allows an LED video light panel to be turned on and off, either manually using a handheld remote release or automatically with a sensor as part of an automatic night time video camera trap.
1x DC to NP-F Coupler (dummy battery). This allows the power to be easily run into many different NP-F-powered LED lighting panels available on the market.
Note: The Camtraptions Receiver, the NP-F battery and the LED video light panel itself are not included in this kit and must be purchased separately.
- For an LED light panel to be compatible with this kit, it must have an NP-F battery mount.
- The LED panel must also be capable of being turned on and off repeatedly, simply by connecting and disconnecting power. The light should not require any additional button presses to turn it on each time power is reconnected by the switch.
- This system is compatible with NP-F type lithium batteries.
- The system can be triggered by Camtraptions PIR Sensors, Camtraptions Wireless Triggers and many other standard camera remotes and trigger systems featuring an E3-type socket.
- This lighting kit cannot be used with cameras that need half-press signals to start/stop video, for example older Canon cameras that require magic lantern firmware.