F1 Camera Trap Flash
The Camtraptions F1 Camera Trap Flash makes it easier and more affordable than ever to create a high-quality camera trap setup, complete with beautiful lighting.
With improved power-efficiency and standby times, the F1 Camera Trap Flash allows you to keep your trap running for longer.
The F1 Camera Trap Flash features new “stamina" modes to provide longer standby times in the field. The F1 Flash can last 5 days when powered by Alkaline or Ni-MH AA rechargeable batteries, over 12 days with our 5Ah Ni-MH Rechargeable Battery or over 24 days using the 10Ah Ni-MH Rechargeable Battery.
The F1 Camera Trap Flash features the same high-quality construction as the Z1 Camera Trap Zoom Flash, but with a fixed 35mm zoom level and a simplified user-interface.
- The F1 Camera Trap Flash is always ready to fire instantly after motion is detected. The instant firing results in better reliability and fewer photos spoiled by failed lighting.
- The F1 Camera Trap Flash does not require a separate ‘wake’ signal before the ‘shoot’ signal, giving it maximum compatibility with all of the main camera systems on the market. The F1 Camera Trap Flash works with any camera that has a standard flash hot shoe mount or PC flash sync output.
- It is possible to trigger the F1 Camera Trap Flash with an inexpensive PC sync cable or direct hot shoe connection, as well as with Camtraptions Wireless Triggers.
- An external power socket has been included on the side of the flash, allowing the battery life to be easily extended by plugging in any 6V power source through our Flash Power Cable.
- The Camtraptions F1 Camera Trap Flash lasts 5 days when powered by Alkaline or Ni-MH AA rechargeable batteries, but this can be extended to over 12 days with our 5Ah Ni-MH Rechargeable Battery or over 24 days using the 10Ah Ni-MH Rechargeable Battery.
- The F1 Camera Trap Flash features a robust construction with a metal hot-shoe mount and a simple user-interface.
- The F1 Camera Trap Flash recalls the last settings when it’s turned on, so you do not have to readjust the power every time you change the batteries.
- Noise has been minimised: The flash will not buzz during operation and the capacitor does not whine while charging.
- The flash features the same rotating and tilting flash head as a standard speedlight flash along with a built-in wide diffuser and a reflector panel to create catch lights in animals' eyes.
- The F1 Camera Trap Flash features a built-in thermal protection function which is activated if too many high-powered flashes are triggered in a short space of time. When thermal protection is active, the rate of fire is reduced.
- The Camtraptions F1 Camera Trap Flash works with all major camera brands with a standard hot shoe or PC sync port, including models from Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus and Fuji.
- The F1 Camera Trap Flash is compatible with the Camtraptions Wireless PIR Motion Sensor v3 and the PIR Motion Sensor v2, as well as any other third-party camera trigger.
- The flash is compatible with the Camtraptions Wireless Triggers v2, along with many other third-party wireless flash triggers.
- A wired connection between the camera and flash is also possible using PC Sync cables connected to the flash via a PC Sync Hot Shoe Adapter mounted underneath the flash.
- The flash can be powered by 4x alkaline or Ni-MH rechargeable internal AA batteries.
- Alternatively, a 6V external power source (such as the Camtraptions 5Ah and 10Ah Ni-MH rechargeable batteries) can be connected to the flash via the Camtraptions Flash Power Cable.
*High-voltage external battery packs for Canon flashes (designed to increase recycle time) sold by other companies are not compatible with the Camtraptions Camera Trap Flash.
*The flash is not directly compatible with cameras that don’t have a central 'X' contact in the hot shoe. This includes the following entry-level Canon cameras: 1500D/2000D/Rebel T7/Kiss X90, 3000D/4000D/Rebel T100 and the 250D/Rebel SL3/Kiss X10
- Flash brightness is set manually (this is not a TTL flash)
- Manual flash power from 1/1 to 1/128 in 0.5 stop increments
- Guide number of 38
- Powered by 4x internal AA batteries
- 6V DC external power input socket
- 3.5mm mono flash sync trigger socket
- Integrated wide diffuser and reflector
- Multi flash strobe mode
- Built-in thermal protection function
- Dimensions: 197mm (l) x 78mm (w) x 56mm (h)
- Weight (excluding batteries): 305g