New Camera Housing
Our new weather-sealed camera housing protects your camera in a remote, camera trap or time lapse set-up. The housing has been designed to fit a wide range of camera and lens combinations while providing quick and convenient access to the camera. These camera housings are available to pre-order now and will ship before the end of May.
Here are some headline features of the new camera housings:
- Strong moulded plastic enclosure with weather-proof seals completely protects your camera from rain and humidity.
- Screw-in lens tube system allows you to quickly switch between lenses of different lengths.
- Camera can be easily accessed via a back door secured with two quick-release catches. Catches can be locked with cable ties or a padlock if desired.
- Camera batteries and memory cards can be accessed and camera settings adjusted quickly by sliding the camera base plate out of the housing.
- Dual tripod sockets on the bottom and side of the housing allow you to mount the camera in landscape or portrait orientation. Dual tripod screw sockets can be used to stop the housing from twisting after you have perfected your composition.
- A large peak shades the front of the lens from sun and rain and can be adjusted up and down to ensure it remains out of frame.
- A high-quality glass window protects your lens without compromising image quality. A lens cap is provided to protect the window during transportation.
- The housing fits any size of compact, mirrorless or DSLR camera up to the size of a Canon 1D X or Nikon D5 with a Camtraptions wireless transmitter fitted in the hot shoe.
- The new housing with a 25mm lens tube weighs 2.2kg which is 40% lighter than our old metal camera housing.
- It is intended that these housings are used in a wireless set-up. For wired set-ups, recesses in the back door provide convenient locations for holes to be drilled.
This camera housing features an interchangeable lens tube system. Lens tubes fit any lens with a diameter of 88.8mm or less. We currently offer lens tubes in four lengths: 25mm, 50mm, 75mm and 100mm.
To find the correct lens tube size, measure the distance from the front of your lens to the furthest forward part of the camera (usually the front of the wireless transmitter fitted to the camera’s hotshoe). Pick a lens tube based on your measurement:
- 25mm tube for lengths less than 50mm
- 50mm tube for lengths of 50mm to 75mm
- 75mm tube for lengths of 75mm to 100mm
- 100mm tube for lengths of 100mm to 125mm
Additional lens tubes can be ordered separately here.
We have the first batch of camera housing components in our warehouse and we are finalising the assembly now. We expect to be able to start shipping pre-orders before the end of May. We have a fantastic pre-order special offer for you! Get our new camera housing with a free lens tube of your choice (worth £30) for just £145 + VAT or get a camera housing with our complete set of four lens tube lengths for £235 + VAT.