PIR Motion Sensor v2
Note this is our PIR v2. Our Wireless PIR v3 is available to purchase here. This PIR v2 has been updated with the new sensitivity algorithm from our PIR v3. The PIR v2 does not have the integrated wireless transmitter.
Taking high-quality camera trap images with your DSLR camera is easier than ever with the Camtraptions PIR Motion Sensor. Connect the sensor to your camera and it will trigger automatically when an animal appears.
PIR Motion Sensor Features
- Simple to use and reliable. Use the sensor to monitor a wide subject area or use ‘blinkers’ to narrow the field of view for more precise control over the trigger zone.
- 6 x AA batteries provide around 3 months of standby time. This device works well with either Alkaline batteries or NiMH rechargeable batteries.
- Adjustable sensitivity helps limit false detections.
- Includes inbuilt camera controller with modes that expand creative possibilities.
- Supports still photography and video shooting with compatible cameras.
- Triggering options include number of shots fired per event, time delay between shots, adjustable wake delay and exposure time in bulb mode.
- Luminosity sensor allows you to alter the behaviour of your camera between day and night; shoot all of the time, only at night or only during the day.
- Front-facing LED indictor helps identify when the batteries need replacing and aids alignment when setting-up the sensor.
- Full compatibility with the Camtraptions Camera Trap Flash.
You can learn more about our PIR sensor by watching the videos on this page.
Camera Connecting Cables
Camera connecting cables must be purchased separately. These are required to connect the PIR sensor or wireless receiver to your camera. Canon, Nikon and Sony cables are available here. The Sony Video Cable v2 (for video shooting) can be found here.
Optional 2 and 5 meter sensor extension cables are available here. An extension cable is recommended so that you can place the sensor further from your camera.
Batteries and MightyPod not included.