Flash Hot Shoe Adapter
The Camtraptions Flash Hot Shoe Adapter can be used to create a wired connection between a camera and one or more flashes. The Flash Hot Shoe Adapter now features a 3.5mm sync socket for optimal reliability.
The Flash Hot Shoe Adapter can be used in two main ways:
- The adapter can be mounted in the camera's hot shoe in order to receive the flash ‘fire’ signal and pass this through cables to the flashes.
- If the flash does not have a 3.5mm sync socket, then the flash can be mounted on top of the adapter in order to receive a ‘fire’ signal via the contacts on the top of the adapter.
Camtraptions flashes do have an in-built 3.5mm sync socket, so it is not necessary to have a Flash Hot Shoe Adapter mounted underneath a Camtraptions flash. Our 3.5mm Flash Cables can simply be plugged into the side. One Flash Hot Shoe Adapter is still required for mounting in the camera’s hot shoe.
The cable system is demonstrated in this video:
- The Flash Hot Shoe Adapter has a female 3.5mm sync socket on the side, for use with Camtraptions Flash Cables and Flash Splitter Cables (for firing multiple flashes).
- On the bottom surface, the Flash Hot Shoe Adapter has a contact for receiving the flash ‘fire’ signal from a camera.
- The adapter features standard hot shoe connections on the top, to trigger many other types of flash that don’t have an in-built 3.5mm sync socket.
- The Flash Hot Shoe Adapter is compatible with Camtraptions Camera Trap Flashes, and many other models of speedlight flash. It is best used with flashes that do not go into sleep mode or where sleep mode has been disabled.
- Compatible with a wide range of cameras including Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus and Fuji models.
- The Flash Hot Shoe Adapter and Flash Cables do not carry a wake signal, so flashes that go into sleep mode (such as a Nikon SB-28) will only be woken up when the first shot is taken. Please see Camtraptions Wireless Triggers, for flash triggering with pre-wake capability.
*The Flash Hot Shoe Adapter is not directly compatible with cameras that don’t have a central ‘X’ contact in the hot shoe. This includes the following entry-level Canon cameras: 1500D/2000D/Rebel T7/Kiss X90, 3000D/4000D/Rebel T100 and the 250D/Rebel SL3/Kiss X10