PIR Motion Sensor (Pre-order)
Taking high-quality camera trap images with your DSLR camera is now easier than ever with the Camtraptions PIR Motion Sensor. Connect the sensor to your camera and it will trigger automatically when an animal appears.
Pre-order Now & Save £20!
First Batch (Shipping in May): Sold out
Second Batch (Shipping in June): Available to pre-order
You can now pre-order the PIR Motion Sensor with our new weatherproof enclosure which includes flaps to adjust the sensor's field of view and access to the controls from the front of the device. The sensor can either be mounted on a tripod or strapped to a post. These will cost £150 + VAT. Note that when the pre-order period ends, the cost of the sensors will increase to £170 + VAT, so by pre-ordering you will save £20 per sensor.
The first batch of PIR sensors has now sold out and the second batch is currently being produced. Once again, we will have a limited number of sensors available in the second batch and will be fulfilling pre-orders on a strictly first-come, first-served basis. To secure your place in the queue, you can pre-order sensors now. Please note that your payment will be processed immediately but your items will only ship when the sensors are ready. We estimate that the second batch of sensors will ship to customers in June.
PIR Motion Sensor Features
- Simple to use and reliable. Use the sensor to monitor a wide subject area or use ‘blinkers’ to narrow the field of view for more precise control over the trigger zone.
- 6 x AA batteries provide around 2 months of standby time. This device works well with either Alkaline batteries or NiMH rechargeable batteries.
- Adjustable sensitivity helps limit false detections.
- Includes inbuilt camera controller with new modes that expand creative possibilities.
- Supports still photography and video shooting with compatible cameras.
- Triggering options include number of shots fired per event, time delay between shots, adjustable wake delay and exposure time in bulb mode.
- New luminosity sensor allows you to alter the behaviour of your camera between day and night; shoot all of the time, only at night or only during the day.
- Compatibility with Camtraptions Wireless Triggers means you can connect the sensor to your camera wirelessly (requires an extra Canon E3 type connecting cable).
- Front-facing LED indictor helps identify when the batteries need replacing and aids alignment when setting-up the sensor.
You can learn more about the new sensor by watching the videos on this page.
Camera Connecting Cables
Batteries, MightyPod and camera connecting cable not included.