PIR Motion Sensor
Our PIR Sensor is now available as a bundle with our Camera Housing. Select "PIR + Camera Housing" from the options above and save £50!
Taking high-quality camera trap images with your DSLR camera is now easier than ever with the Camtraptions PIR Motion Sensor. Connect the sensor to your camera and it will trigger automatically when an animal appears.
PIR Motion Sensor Features
- Simple to use and reliable. Use the sensor to monitor a wide subject area or use ‘blinkers’ to narrow the field of view for more precise control over the trigger zone.
- 6 x AA batteries provide around 3 months of standby time. This device works well with either Alkaline batteries or NiMH rechargeable batteries.
- Adjustable sensitivity helps limit false detections.
- Includes inbuilt camera controller with new modes that expand creative possibilities.
- Supports still photography and video shooting with compatible cameras.
- Triggering options include number of shots fired per event, time delay between shots, adjustable wake delay and exposure time in bulb mode.
- New luminosity sensor allows you to alter the behaviour of your camera between day and night; shoot all of the time, only at night or only during the day.
- Compatibility with Camtraptions Wireless Triggers means you can connect the sensor to your camera wirelessly (requires an extra Canon E3 type connecting cable).
- Front-facing LED indictor helps identify when the batteries need replacing and aids alignment when setting-up the sensor.
You can learn more about the new sensor by watching the videos on this page.
Camera Connecting Cables
Please note that camera connecting cables must be purchased separately. These are required to connect the PIR sensor to your camera. Canon and Nikon cables are available here and Sony cables can be found here.
Optional 2 and 5 meter sensor extension cables are available here. An extension camble is recommended so that you can place the sensor further from your camera.
Batteries and MightyPod not included.